Position: Event Coordinator
Job Type: Full-time
Company: Avid Ratings
Title: Event Coordinator
Experience: 2+ Years in event coordination or related field
Web Site: avidratings.com
Founded in 1992, Avid Ratings Co. (avidratings.com) is a full-service customer experience (CX) firm dedicated exclusively to helping residential construction companies maximize customer value, increase sales velocity, and grow market share. Avid develops and implements end-to-end voice of customer (VoC) and integrated marketing technologies for attracting, delighting, and activating loyal home building and remodeling customers. Avid Ratings currently serves over 2,000 residential construction divisions throughout North America and is ranked among the “50 Most Influential Tech Companies in Residential Construction” by Constructech magazine.
Avid Ratings is seeking an individual for the role of Event Coordinator. Built around the dedication to customer satisfaction, Avid Ratings is all about the customer experience. We are looking for individuals that are upbeat, positive and ready to bring that same motivation to team! Our goal is to create a culture that empowers our employees, where thoughts and ideas are heard.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage the administration and logistics of numerous tradeshows and corporate events. The Event Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The position will need to work closely with multiple departments and external resources to coordinate projects and events.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set-up, manage and coordinate all Avid Ratings conventions, tradeshows and corporate events (including IT setup).
- Enjoys the challenge of executing projects in creative and innovative ways.
- Coordination for all conventions and sales related events.
- Serve as liaison with vendors on event-related matters.
- Oversee and delegate tasks for Avid Award Program.
- Work closely with our marketing agency, The Digital Ring on branding, creative artwork, marketing collateral, and overall marketing and advertising direction.
- Implementing and executing ideas from the CEO and marketing agency
- Assist in leading client approved programs from their inception through implementation.
- Activate events in the field nationally including event setup and teardown, staff training and consumer interactions.
- Assist in managing event budgets as well as being responsible for the overall ROI of each event.
- Populate and deliver regular status updates.
- Up to 20% travel time.
- Flexible work schedules, healthy work/life balance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrates the ability to organize and manage complex projects and events
- Highly skilled in IT setup and familiar with new technologies
- Create and revise layouts for each event, while maintaining budgetary awareness
- Ability to foster positive internal and external relationships (including clients)
- Ability to be self-directed and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time, including outside of the U.S.
- Organized, self-sufficient, and comfortable multi-tasking.
- Ability work independently and efficiently without a large support staff.
- Create work plans/timelines.
- Ability to work with Accounting department on budget/financial management.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and Brand expectations.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Assist with managing on-site production, set-up and tear down for events as necessary.
- Work with PR team to coordinate press events and messaging is timed and released to effectively promote events.
- Create and revise room layouts for each event.
- Preparing and delivering all materials prior to show.
- Coordinate appointments and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Experience with Web communications, publishing, usability and/or social media is a plus.
Compensation & Benefits: This is a full-time position in a casual work environment offering benefits and paid time off and inclusion in company bonus program.
For more information or to apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org